skip to Main Content
1377 Weston Rd., 2nd Floor, Unit 1  |   (647) 573 4831  |  Jonathan and Adriana Whiteside

Documents required to get married in the Dominican Republic – Toronto, Canada

Quite often our clients feel overwhelmed when trying to understand the requirements they need to get married in the Dominican Republic.

If you are Canadian and  are getting married in the Dominican Republic, you will need the original documents  plus the translations into Spanish  (if the documents are not in Spanish) per each document.


  • Birth Certificate – Long Form
  • Single Status Affidavit
  • Copy of passport



  • Birth Certificate – Long Form
  • Divorce Certificate
  • Single Status Affidavit
  • Copy of passport


  • Birth Certificate – Long Form
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Death Certificate
  • Copy of passport

* If your documents are not from Canada, the requirements are different. Contact us for more information. (416) 244 4831 or

Dominican Republic consulate

Documents to translate to Spanish

Birth Certificate - Long Form

Canadian Birth Certificate - Long Form

Information on how to get a divorce certificate (36B) in Ontario

Divorce Certificate - For Ontario it has to be form 36B

Divorce Certificate to Translate - Toronto

Single Status Affidavit

Single Status Affidavit to translate - Toronto

Single Status + Identity Affidavit

Single Status Affidavit to translate

We deliver throughout Canada

British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Labrador, Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut.

English and Spanish Translations
Professional Spanish Translator in Toronto

Dominican Republic Consulate in Toronto

121 Richmond Street West,
Suite 301
Toronto, ON,
M5H 2K1
Telephone: (416) 369-0403
Open to the public: from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm

Blog post about how to prepare the single status affidavit

For any question you might have regarding the process of legalization of documents when you are planning on getting married in the Dominican Republic, we are here to help.

Whether it is,  “how much does the whole process cost?”, ” what documents do I need?”, “how long does it take?”, “What if I am divorced?”, “What if I wasn’t born in Canada?”, “What if I don’t have a birth certificate?”, “Can someone do the procedure on my behalf?”, and any other questions that you might have. If we don’t know the answer we’ll try to find out.

Serving:  Ajax, Barrie, Brampton, Burlington, Calgary,  Collingwood, Edmonton,  Guelph, Georgetown, HalifaxHamilton, Innisfil, King City, Markham, Midland, Milton, Mississauga, Newmarket, Niagara, North York, Oakville, Orangeville,  Orillia, Oshawa, Ottawa, Pickering, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, St. Catharines, St. John’s, Thornhill, Toronto, Vancouver, Vaughan, Victoria, Wasaga Beach, Whitby, Waterloo, Windsor.

Back To Top