You need to bring your out-of-country driver’s licence to an approved translator.

Approved translators include: non-Canadian embassies, consulates, or a high commissioner’s office, but do not include other translators from the country where the licence was issued.

Translators must provide proof of their credentials.

A translator is qualified for clients in all Ontario regions to use, if they meet one of these requirements:

  • They have credentials that prove they are, or have been employed in translation services
  • They are, or have been a member of a professional association that provides translation services (such as ATIO, the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario)
  • They are a clergy member with experience as a translator